We love hearing of people like yourself who make their way to our site. Here you will find useful information about what we believe, our mission as a church, what we get up to on Sundays and between Sundays, and a little more.
Our real hope is that we could meet you face to face! If you’ve visited Eastside already, or if you’re still planning on coming for the first time, please let one of the pastors or Welcome Team members know that you’re a visitor next time you are at Eastside.
W E E X I S T T O B R I N G
Eastside is a community church and are defined not by our denomination (though we are a member of the Baptist Union of South Africa) but by our passion for all people in our community to experience a full life. We are excited about journeying with all types of people from all backgrounds, races and generations to introduce them to Jesus. Whatever your church background, and especially if you do not have one, we would be honoured to host you.
The best way to know is to decide for yourself. Come and check us out. If you do you’ll find that we are a medium sized church with a relaxed atmosphere filled with the laughter of children, meaningful worship and biblical teaching.
1. In the scriptures of the Old and New Testament in their original writings as fully inspired of God, and accepts them as the final authority for faith and life.
2. In one God eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
4. That God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of death, physical and spiritual; and that all human beings inherit a sinful nature; which issues (in the case of those who have reached moral responsibility) in actual transgression involving personal guilt.
5. That the Lord Jesus died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice, according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
6. In the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, His ascension into heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
7. In the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. In the personality of the Holy Spirit, His regenerating work, and abiding presence in the true believer.
9. That all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
10. That all Christians are called to a life of holiness, devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ and service for Him.
11. In the resurrection both of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.